To provide all staff who work in a counter fraud environment with the skills and knowledge to effectively interview potential witnesses and draft statements to a professional standard.
On completion of the course students should be able to:
- State what evidence is required from a witness to enhance the investigation
- Explain the importance of the PEACE model and the Principles of Investigative Interviewing when dealing with witnesses
- Demonstrate the accurate recording of statements to the standards required by the courts
- Demonstrate the principles of the Cognitive Interview technique
- Demonstrate through role play their ability to interview a witness and draft a quality statement
Who should attend
- All Counter Fraud Investigators whose duties include interviewing and gathering evidence in both external and internal fraud investigations
- All Counter Fraud Managers whose duties include the quality assurance of interviews and the evidence gathered
- Accredited Counter Fraud Specialists who have identified this area for inclusion in their Continuing Professional Development programme
The course is very interactive being practical skills and knowledge based. Training methodologies include classroom based learning; trainer led discussion; syndicate and pair working; quiz activities; power points and case studies. The training is fully evaluated with results fed back to the organisation.
Assessment and trainers
Students have the opportunity to assess their learning through the completion of a multiple choice question test and, on successful completion, receive a certificate to evidence their Continuing Professional Development. The course is delivered by experienced and qualified Counter Fraud trainers who are subject matter experts in their field.
One day with a maximum of twelve.
There are no upcoming events at this time.