To provide all staff who work in a counter fraud investigative environment with the necessary knowledge, understanding and confidence to effectively apply the criminal law.
On completion of the coursestudents should be able to:
- Interpret legislation including the meaning of extent, commencement, penalties, gender and number when used in legislation
- Summarise the common terminology used in legislation and the criminal justice system
- Define the terms offences, inchoate offences, summary and indictable
- Explain what is meant by mens rea, actus reus, gain and loss
- State the offences, definitions and application of the criminal legislation and common law offences used to counter fraud
- Identify relevant case law and precedent
- Relate the meaning of professionalism to the investigation of offences
- Explain the Ghosh test and dishonesty
- Identify the points to prove from a series of offences
- Demonstrate their learning using a series of case studies
Who should attend
- All counter fraud staff who wish to develop their understanding of legislation and how it is applied
- All counter fraud staff who wish to update their knowledge covering changes to legislation used to counter fraud
- All Counter Fraud Managers whose duties include the quality assurance of investigations
The course is very interactive being practical skills and knowledge based. Training methodologies include classroom based learning; trainer led discussion; syndicate and pair working; quiz activities; power points and case studies. The training is fully evaluated with results fed back to the organisation.
Assessment and trainers
Students have the opportunity to assess their learning through the completion of a multiple choice question test and, on successful completion, receive a certificate to evidence their Continuing Professional Development. The course is delivered by experienced and qualified Counter Fraud trainers who are subject matter experts in their field.
Duration and student numbers
One day with a maximum of twelve.
There are no upcoming events at this time.