Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)
For further information on any of our products and services please contact us on:
+44(0) 7714 216126
Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) is the use of freely available resources, the internet, and social media to gather intelligence on subjects of interest.
This course gives students a strong foundation in a wide variety of open-source methodologies and advanced social media intelligence, gathering techniques which will allow students to safely and thoroughly investigate subjects of interest through the internet, social media, and other open-source channels.
Unlike other OSINT courses, the PDA OSINT course focusses primarily on tackling fraud, with techniques, examples and assessments designed for counter-fraud investigators and intelligence staff.
This course is fully online and can be taken at the student’s own pace. It involves a number of in-course practical assessments along with a final set of written assessments. Each student is given individual feedback and guidance throughout the course.
What the OSINT Programme covers
The course takes students through the entire OSINT process, step-by-step, giving them the confidence to undertake their own investigations and write full, professional reports on their findings, in line with the globally recognised Intelligence Cycle.
The course modules include:
- The Intelligence Cycle
- Understanding the Internet and networking
- Online operational security (including VPNs and other anonymising technologies)
- Advanced online search methodology
- Phone and Email analysis
- Advanced Social Media OSINT methodologies (including specific sub-modules on Facebook and LinkedIn)
- File analysis
- Recording and evidencing findings
- A step-by-step approach to conducting an OSINT investigation.
- Creating a professional OSINT report on your findings
This course can be taken at any time and there are no set enrolment or completion dates.
Upon completing the training, students will be equipped with the skills needed to gather and analyse open-source intelligence in line with set objectives.
Who should attend?
One of the core benefits of open-source methodologies is that they can be used by any trained personnel and requires no special authorities or powers.
This programme should be attended by any intelligence or investigation staff. This includes:
- Counter Fraud and Trading Standards teams.
- Insider Threat and Business intelligence teams.
- Housing association, insurance, and conveyancing staff.
- Law enforcement and border agencies.
- Civilian or private investigators.
There are no technical or pre-course requirements, although students should be comfortable using computers.
How will you be taught?
- The course is delivered online through our online learning platform.
- The course consists of theory and practical exercises that give students the real-world grounding they need to immediately apply what they have learnt in their work.
- Throughout the course, the student’s progress is monitored closely, and individual feedback is given regularly. The trainer is on hand throughout the course to give assistance or provide further examples/material.
Assessment and Accreditation Criteria
The OSINT course is assessed via six knowledge checks, a practical assessment and three final essays. During the course, students may also get feedback questions and exercises from the trainer to help with their learning.
Upon completion of the course, students will receive certification.
Duration and Student Numbers
The course takes most students between 12 to 16 hours and can be completed at the student’s own pace, with no time limits or deadlines.
Why choose PDA?
- We have a proven track record in the delivery of counter fraud learning programmes.
- The confidence of knowing that 60% of our business is from returning customers.
- We work in partnership with all our customers to provide effective learning solutions.
- Learning is enhanced through the use of real-life case studies.
- Students get the chance to assess their level of knowledge through the completion of practical exercises, tests, and written assignments.
- Our learning provides students with the practical skills and knowledge to effectively carry out their role.
- Full post Programme support is provided for students, with direct access to trainers.
All prices are subject to VAT.
To find out more please contact Peter Darby Associates (PDA) on: email@example.com
PDA deliver their courses nationally and internationally, both online and at a number of UK based face-to-face training locations across the UK, including London, Manchester and throughout the Midlands.
For further information on any of our products and services please contact PDA between the hours of 8am to 8pm: