To provide all staff who work in a counter fraud investigative environment with the necessary skills and abilities to gather evidence and further a criminal investigation to a professional standard.
On completion of the course students should be able to:
- Correctly identify and assess the value and weight of information received during the course of an investigation that may be converted into evidence
- Differentiate between intelligence and evidence
- State what legislative powers are available to them and how to apply them
- Identify potential witnesses in their case
- State the procedures for handling a witness
- Construct an effective witness statement
- Distinguish between recognition and identification
- Explain how the Data Protection Act and Human Rights Act impact on evidence gathering
- Stress the importance of recognising confidential and/or sensitive material
- Identify sources and explain what can be obtained through open source intelligence (OSINT)
- List the ‘rules’ in notebook completion
- Demonstrate the accurate recording of information in an investigators notebook
Who should attend
- All staff whose duties include carrying out enquiries into both external and internal fraud and corruption investigations
- All Counter Fraud Managers whose duties include the quality assurance of investigations
The course is very interactive being practical skills and knowledge based. Training methodologies include classroom based learning; trainer led discussion; syndicate and pair working; quiz activities; power points and case studies. The training is fully evaluated with results fed back to the organisation.
Assessment and trainers
Students have the opportunity to assess their learning through the completion of a multiple choice question test and, on successful completion, receive a certificate to evidence their Continuing Professional Development. The course is delivered by experienced and qualified Counter Fraud trainers who are subject matter experts in their field.
Duration and student numbers
Each course is tailored to meet the specific needs of the customer. Depending on the depth of content and the amount of practical application, one or two days with a maximum of twelve.
There are no upcoming events at this time.