Accredited Counter Fraud Technician (ACFTech)
For further information on any of our products and services please contact us on:
+44(0) 7714 216126
The ACFTech award has been designed and developed specifically for students new to the counter fraud profession who are working in a support role and are seeking to develop their skills through the completion of a professional training award.
Organisations whose investigation staff have benefitted from attending our ACFTech Course include central government departments; local authorities; housing associations and several smaller private companies and charitable organisations.
What the ACFTech Course covers
The Course is mapped against the Counter Fraud Professional Accreditation Board (CFPAB) core syllabus and is constantly reviewed and updated to take account of changes in legislation and best practice.
The topics covered are as follows:
- The Impact of Fraud in the UK
- Developing an Anti-Fraud Culture
- Stakeholder and Collaborating Working
- Fraud Act 2006
- Theft Act 1968
- Bribery Act 2010
- Computer Misuse Act 1990
- Identity Documents Act 2010 and Identity Fraud
- Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (Codes of Practice)
- Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998
- Human Rights Act 1998; Data Protection Act 2018
- Case Management
- Evidence Gathering
- Obtaining and Providing Witness Statements
- PEACE Cognitive Interview
- Report Writing Skills
- The Criminal and Civil Justice Systems, Tribunals and Disciplinary Hearings
Who should attend?
The PDA ACFTech Course is relevant to all staff starting a career in fraud who are working in the public, private and charity sectors. There is no requirement for students to have previous experience of counter fraud investigation.
Why choose PDA?
- PDA has the most competitively priced cost effective ACFTech Course available
- We have a proven track record in the delivery of counter fraud learning courses
- We can reduce your costs by delivering the course on your premises
- We only use qualified trainers who hold the Accredited Counter Fraud Trainer award from the CFPAB
- Added value
- 10 level four credits
- Role actor for practical interview exercise
- Full evaluation with results fed back to the organisation
- Access to the PDA Learning Hub research resource
- The confidence of knowing 70% of our business is from returning customers
- We work in partnership with all our customers to provide effective learning solutions
- The learning is enhanced through the use of a real life case study
- Students get the chance to assess their level of knowledge through the completion of tests and a written assignment
- Our learning provides students with the practical skills and knowledge to effectively carry out their role
- Full post Course support is provided for students with direct access to trainers
How will you be taught?
The Course is delivered over six days via the Zoom platform. It is also possible to have the Course delivered in the classroom on your premises.
The learning is delivered over 100 hours of which 45 hours are taught hours by an online learning platform, Zoom, and the balance (55 hours) consists of self-directed learning, e.g. pre-course and directed reading, in-course reading and assignments. The Course is delivered to a minimum of six students and a maximum of eight.
The Course is very interactive being both practical skills and knowledge based. We use a range of different methodologies to cater for all students learning. These include classroom-based learning; trainer led discussion; syndicate and pair working; quiz activities; DVDs, CDs, power points, a case study and role actor (investigative interviewing practical exercise).
Assessment and Accreditation Criteria?
Students have the opportunity to assess their learning through the completion of multiple choice question tests, open book gap question tests, one subjective learning assignment and practical exercises. The learning is accredited by the University of Northumbria (Newcastle) and upon successful completion of the course students are awarded the Accredited Counter Fraud Technician certificate.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
All prices are subject to VAT.
To find out more please contact Peter Darby Associates (PDA) on: firstname.lastname@example.org
PDA deliver their courses nationally and internationally, both online and at a number of UK based face-to-face training locations across the UK, including London, Manchester and throughout the Midlands.
For further information on any of our products and services please contact PDA between the hours of 8am to 8pm: