For further information on any of our products and services please contact us on:
+44(0) 7714 216126
What the training covers
- The seven Principles of Investigative Interviewing
- Planning an interview using the PEACE model guidance to obtain best evidence
- How to conduct pre interview briefings and disclosure with legal representatives
- The importance of describing the procedures to the interviewee before the interview commences
- How to effectively build rapport
- The use of Conversation Management techniques to elicit information
- The importance of allowing the suspect to provide a full account
- Developing topics for further discussion
- The use pauses and silence correctly and effectively
- How to handle difficult situations in a professional manner and describe courses of action to address them
- Identifying potential security and welfare issues
- The rights and roles of victims, witnesses and suspects or anyone else involved in the interview
- How to professionally handle the presence of third parties
- The correct handling of exhibits
- Sections 76 and 78 of the Police and Criminal Evidence (PACE)Act 1984 and what makes evidence inadmissible
- The appropriate communication methods for checking the meaning and accuracy of the information provided, and challenging a suspect’s account
- When and how to introduce ‘evidence of bad character’ in an interview
- The Cognitive Interview instructions when interviewing witnesses
- Through role play, how to successfully audio record an interview within the constraints of the legislation, applying the requirements of the PACE Act 1984 and Codes of Practice
- Evaluating performance as an interviewer and identifying any learning points from it
Students have the opportunity to assess their learning through the completion of a multiple choice question test and, on successful completion, receive a certificate to evidence their Continuing Professional Development. The course is delivered by experienced and qualified Counter Fraud trainers who are subject matter experts in the field of investigative interviewing.
All prices are subject to VAT.
To find out more please contact Peter Darby Associates (PDA) on: email@example.com
There are no upcoming events at this time.
PDA deliver their courses nationally and internationally, both online and at a number of UK based face-to-face training locations across the UK, including London, Manchester and throughout the Midlands.
For further information on any of our products and services please contact PDA between the hours of 8am to 8pm: