To provide all investigative interviewers,who are not required to interview suspects under caution, with the necessary skills and abilities to conduct fact finding interviews effectively, fairly, professionally, and in accordance with the law.
On completion of the course students should be able to:
- Prepare and thoroughly plan an interview using the PEACE model, including a strategy for questioning and the best use of evidence
- Identify and apply appropriate professional, ethicaland legalinterviewing practices through adoption of the PEACE model
- Define a range of questioning techniques
- Apply improved questioning and listening skills
- Remain in control of an interview while responding to new developments
- Understand how conversationmanagement skills enhance the investigative interview
- Describe how information, intelligence and evidence should be gathered, recorded and managed with due regard to the Data Protection Act 1998, the Human Rights Act 1998 and the guidelines of the Criminal Justice System
- Demonstrate through role play their ability to effectively conduct an investigative interview
Who should attend
- All investigators who do not conduct interviews under caution but whose duties include carrying out fact finding investigative interviews
- Staff who act in a support role to the investigation function
The course is very interactive being practical skills and knowledge based. Training methodologies include classroom based learning; trainer led discussion; syndicate and pair working; quiz activities; power points and case studies. The training is fully evaluated with results fed back to the organisation.
Assessment and trainers
Students have the opportunity to assess their learning through the completion of a multiple choice question test and, on successful completion, receive a certificate to evidence their Continuing Professional Development. The course is delivered by experienced and qualified Counter Fraud trainers who are subject matter experts in the field of investigative interviewing.
Duration and student numbers
Each course is tailored to meet the specific needs of the customer. Depending on the depth of content and the amount of practical application, one to three days with a maximum of twelve.
There are no upcoming events at this time.