To provide all staff whose duties include the checking and examination of documents used to confirm identity, with the skills and knowledge to effectively identify forged, counterfeit or fake documents.
On completion of the course students should be able to:
- State the criminal legislation used to prosecute identity fraud
- Describe the varying types of identity fraud
- Correctly identify security features used in documents
- Demonstrate an ability to recognise a forged, counterfeit or fake document
- Describe how a genuine document can be falsified or altered
Who should attend
- All Counter Fraud Investigators or those whose role is to identify or investigate fraudulent documents
- All non-fraud staff who have a role in checking official documents that are used to establish identity
- Members of financial institutions, HR departments and others whose responsibility is to examine identity documents on a regular basis
- Accredited Counter Fraud Specialists who have identified this area for inclusion in their Continuing Professional Development programme
The course is very interactive being practical skills and knowledge based. Students are able to examine a variety of travel documents and other secure documents with the use of forgery detection equipment. Training methodologies include classroom based learning; trainer led discussion; syndicate and pair working; quiz activities; power points and case studies. The training is fully evaluated with results fed back to the organisation.
Assessment and trainers
Students have the opportunity to assess their learning through the completion of a multiple choice question test and, on successful completion, receive a certificate to evidence their Continuing Professional Development. The course is delivered by an experienced and qualified Counter Fraud trainer who was the document examiner for the Metropolitan Police Counter Terrorism Command at New Scotland Yard. He was attached to the National Document Forgery Unit working on advanced forgery detection of a variety of official documents.
Duration and student numbers
Each course is tailored to meet the specific needs of the customer. Depending on the depth of content and the amount of practical application, one or two days with a maximum of twenty.
We also provide a consultancy service providing advice on such things as
- Scanner and electronic devices
- Assessing existing document investigation processes
N.B. All students are requested to bring along their own identity documents (passports and /or driving licences) for comparison plus any examples of fraudulent documents their organisation has received.
For further details or to discuss a course booking please contact Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Located in Dartmouth, Devon in the UK, PDA provide training both nationally and internationally.
For further information on any of our products and services please contact either Peter or Malcolm: