Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist (ACFS)
The aim of the Peter Darby Associates Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist training programme is to provide a comprehensive suite of modules at foundation level which, on successful completion, will allow students to carry out the full range of duties of the Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist in a professional manner.
What the training covers
Module One – The evolution of fraud; anti-fraud culture; loss measurement; strategy; prevention; deterrence; detection; professionalism; definitions of fraud and corruption; types of fraud; identity fraud, the criminal justice system; statute offences (including fraud, theft, forgery, bribery); conspiracy to defraud; evidential requirements; points to prove; case law; precedents
Module Two – PACE 1984; planning and strategies; investigation life cycle; case management; evidence gathering; notebooks and record keeping; forensic evidence; planning searches; witness statements and their completion; NIM Model; strategic and operational analysis; intelligence led investigations; intelligence cycle; key sources; OSINT; governing legislation (including HRA, DPA, RIPA)
Module Three – PACE codes of practice C and E; interviewing suspects, witnesses and victims; police station procedures; pre interview disclosure; recording media; questioning skills; listening skills; NVC’s; PEACE
Module Four – Parties to criminal cases; roles and responsibilities; criminal and civil procedure rules; the Criminal Procedure & Investigations Act; court procedure, layout and roles; evidence admissibility, facts in issue and burden of proof; case file preparation; report writing; preparation for court; professional conduct; use of notes and introducing exhibits; defence tactics
Who should attend
- All investigation staff working in a counter fraud investigation environment who are looking to attain the recognised industry standard qualification
- Staff who are seeking a career change to become a counter fraud professional
Why choose PDA?
- The most competitively priced ACFS course available
- Delivered by experienced and qualified Counter Fraud trainers who are subject matter experts in their field
- Added value
- A copy of the ACFS Handbook for each student
- 60 level four credits (20 more than the minimum requirement of 40)
- Cross examination by a practising defence barrister
- Full evaluation with results fed back to the organisation
- Visit our website to see what our students say about our ACFS training
- The confidence of knowing returning customers choose our training
- Full post course support
The course is very interactive being practical skills and knowledge based. Training methodologies include classroom based learning; trainer led discussion; syndicate and pair working; quiz activities; DVD’s, CD’s, power points, role actor and barrister, case studies.
Assessment and trainers
Students have the opportunity to assess their learning through the completion of four multiple choice question tests and four subjective learning assignments. The course is accredited by the University of Portsmouth and successful completion of the course results in the award of the Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist certificate.
Duration and student numbers
Fourteen days classroom training with a maximum of eight.