The Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) course is specifically designed for counter-fraud professionals and has a strong focus on the type of subject focussed intelligence gathering that is useful for investigations, rather than the more general approach of other OSINT courses.
This course gives students a strong foundation in a wide variety of open source methodologies and advanced social media intelligence gathering techniques which will allow students to safely investigate subjects of interest through the internet, social media and other open source channels.
On top of the learning modules, the course also takes students through an entire OSINT investigation step-by-step, giving them the confidence to undertake their own investigations and write full, professional reports on their findings, in line with the globally recognised Intelligence Cycle.
This course is fully online and can be taken at the student’s own pace. It involves a number of in-course assessments along with a final set of written assessments, with individual feedback for each student.
The course includes modules on:
- The Intelligence Cycle
- Understanding the Internet and networking
- Online operational security (including VPNs and other anonymising technologies)
- Advanced online search methodology
- Phone and Email analysis
- Advanced Social Media OSINT methodologies (including specific sub-modules on Facebook and LinkedIn)
- File analysis
- Recording and evidencing findings
- Conducting an OSINT investigation in line with the Intelligence Cycle
- Creating a professional OSINT report
This course can be taken at any time and there are no set enrolment or completion dates. A classroom based version of this course is also available.
Students who have already taken the Digital Document Forensics Course may be eligible for a discount.