Who should attend
At the FOUNDATION level all Counter Fraud Investigators and Managers who wish to develop their understanding of Cyber Security and risks it poses. At the ADVANCED level all Managers who are responsible for the organisations Cyber Security.
This course will provide Counter Fraud Investigators and Managers with a practical understanding of Cyber Security in the context of counter fraud investigation and investigation management.
What the training covers (Foundation)
- The basic technical aspects of internet networking (in a Cyber Crime context) and device analysis
- How Cyber Fraud attacks are committed
- The common terminology used in the investigation of Cyber Crime
- The common methodologies of account takeover and phishing, along with the best practice responses
What the training covers (Advanced)
- The technical aspects of internet networking (in a Cyber Crime context) and device analysis. This includes the use of anonymity/spoofing tools and potential counter-measures.
- The mind-set, drives and organisation of cyber criminals.
- How encryption and decryption of stolen data works in a practical sense.
- ‘Advanced Persistent Threats’ and social engineering in action.
- A practical understanding of the current threat landscape and mitigation methodologies.
This subject is delivered in two modules, a module at FOUNDATION level and an ADVANCED module. Modules can be combined and tailored to customers’ requirements. To obtain maximum benefit from the ADVANCED module, students must have an understanding of Cyber Security at a FOUNDATION level. The course is very interactive being practical skills and knowledge based.
Assessment and trainers
Students have the opportunity to assess their learning through the completion of a multiple choice test and, on successful completion, receive a certificate to evidence their Continuing Professional Development. The course is delivered by an experienced and qualified trainer who is a subject matter expert in their field.
Duration and student numbers
The FOUNDATION module is delivered over one day.The ADVANCED module is delivered over three days. Both modules are delivered to a minimum of six students and a maximum of eight.
For further details or to discuss a course booking please contact Peter at email@example.com
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Located in Dartmouth, Devon in the UK, PDA provide training both nationally and internationally.
For further information on any of our products and services please contact either Peter or Malcolm, between the hours of 8am to 8pm: